Rules as approved at the Regular Communication on April 3, 2019
Resolution to Authorize Credit towards Dues for members working millionaire parties
Whereas, Pursuant to Michigan Law, MCL 432.110(2), and Rule, R 432.313(1)(a), Genesee Lodge may give a member working a millionaire party credit towards his dues; and, Whereas, conducting millionaire parties as a fund raiser for the Lodge is allowing the Lodge
to remain solvent without a significant dues increase; and, Whereas, the millionaire parties benefit the entire Lodge but a relatively small percentage of members regularly volunteer to work them; and, Whereas, it is desirous to show the Lodge’s appreciation for the volunteers and
motive more members to volunteer; Therefore, it is hereby resolved that Genesee Lodge will give a member credit towards the dues he owes to Genesee Lodge in appreciation for his working at its millionaire parties under the following rules:
Millionaire Party Dues Credit Rules
1. The credit will be applied at the rate of $5.00 per day for 1st Shift and $8.00 per day for 2nd Shift.
2. To be eligible for the Credit you must have committed to work the shift with the Fundraising Chairman before the millionaire party or be called in to fill-in, if you just show up to work and are extra you will not receive credit towards your dues.
3. To receive credit for a shift the entire shift must be worked.
4. 1st Shift is defined as 4 hours of work from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm on a licensed day. The Fundraising Chairman may, from time to time when necessary, authorize credit for working 1st shift for a different 4 hour period on a licensed day.
5. 2nd Shift is defined as 5 hours of work from 9:00 pm to 2:00 am (or until closed) on a licensed day. The Fundraising Chairman may, from time to time when necessary, authorize credit for working 2nd shift for a different 5 hour period on a licensed day.
6. The total amount of credit awarded to a member is limited to the amount of dues he owes to Genesee Lodge on the first day of January the year after the credit is earned. (e.g. Credit earned in 2019 will be applied to 2020 dues)
7. The credit can only be applied towards Genesee Lodge Dues. No value, cash or otherwise, is vested in the member. Genesee Lodge can change or cancel the credit for any reason until the time it is applied towards the member’s dues and reported as paid on the books of Genesee Lodge.
8. The Fundraising Chairman, Lodge Secretary, and Lodge Treasurer must certify to the Worshipful Master in January that there is sufficient surplus in the fundraising account to cover the total amount to be credited to all members after other expenses are paid. If there is not sufficient surplus the amounts credited towards each members’ dues will be adjusted down or eliminated to ensure that sufficient funds remain in the Fundraising account as determined by the Fundraising Chairman, Lodge Secretary, Lodge Treasurer, and Worshipful Master.